Starting Salary: $45,000 + benefits
The Distribution Unit Supervisor is responsible for the scheduling, organization, and directing of the warehouse business unit on a daily basis. This person is responsible for meeting shipping schedules, picking and shipping orders accurately, maintaining an efficient work rate, and the maintenance of the equipment and facilities at the distribution unit. The Distribution Unit Manager is also responsible for the hiring, training, and directing of the distribution crewmember personnel.
This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by the Operations Manager which shall include the following:
1. Responsible for the daily operations of the assigned business unit within the distribution center.
2. Responsible for meeting schedules after receiving customer orders in order to ensure customer satisfaction with delivery reliability.
3. Trains and manages distribution unit employees to enable them to meet shipping goals in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Ensures through the distribution unit personnel that products shipped meet customer specifications with a minimum of freight damage and wrong orders shipped.
5. Responsible for the progressive discipline of the distribution unit employees ensuring a productive warehouse labor force.
6. Ensures that the distribution unit material handling equipment and other tools are properly serviced and maintained.
7. Prepares and reports with paperwork and/or computers to track required distribution unit goals and objectives.
1. Ensures that the distribution employees and any visitors in the warehouse area have evacuated the building at the announcement of an alarm or emergency.
2. Authorized to do lockout/tagout and should observe all lockout/tagout procedures.
3. Employees must proficiently read, speak and understand English.
4. Such other duties and assignments that shall be made from time to time to employee from any member of the Company’s management.
1. Possess a good attitude and behavioral skills.
2. Work alone in the responsibility of directing and training others.
3. Self-motivated and have initiative.
4. Work weekends and holidays when necessary.
5. Report to work on time as required by schedule.
6. Communicate and work with employees and management.
7. Wear personal protective equipment when in the warehouse area.
8. Read and write, use a tape measure, and operate a calculator.
9. Ability to perform basic computer operations in a proficient manner.
10. Valid and appropriate driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
1. Lift and carry loads up to 75 pounds.
2. Stand, walk, bend, squat, reach above shoulder level, crouch kneel, push/pull material, and operate material handling equipment as required.
3. Frequently use both feet and both hands.
4. Firm grasping and fine manipulation with both hands as necessary.
5. Exposure to normal warehouse environment.
6. Requires ordinary conversation, hearing, and visual acuity.
Company offers excellent benefits including health, dental, life, disability, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays and more! Apply online at www.ecmdjobs.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers